At Pom Poms and Paint we like to ensure that our customers always come first, this is also true when we are talking about privacy.
Like you, we hate spam and junk mail and as such we try to avoid filling up your folders with information you will likely never want to read. By joining our mailing list via our website on in store you agree to receive occasional yet meaningful content which we feel may be of interest to you.
These emails contain information on our latest events, new products, offers and session information. Our mailing messages may only be occasional but we hope they will still be relevant to you and will enable us to share with you our exciting new products and information.
You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any emails. You can also request the information we hold on your customer profile at anytime, though this is usually only email addresses for newsletters or your shipping address if you have ordered online.
We would also like to make you feel at ease about any details you enter on our website. All our online payments are processed by PayPal and Shopify, by doing this all personal information is collected by PayPal or Shopify and not us. Shopify uses personal information to block certain transactions that appear to be fraudulent through automated decision-making.
We then receive an email to confirm your payment. This provides us with your full name, email contact and your order and delivery address. We use this information to process your order, arrange delivery with Royal Mail and contact you on your order status. Once we have processed your order this information is filed safely on Shopify's system. If you have paid via PayPal this results in your information being safely sealed in PayPal's database.
More Information on how we process, store and use your data
How do we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address for shipping orders or if you contact us directly via email or Facebook messenger
- Personal details including hometown and purchase history;
- Method used to pay;
- Personal preferences including your wish list as well as marketing and cookie preferences.
- Usage data includes information on how you use our website, products and and services
What do we do with information?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Complete online orders
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We keep your data safe
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Who do we share your data with?
If we need to share your data we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). We collect from and share data with the following providers:
- Employees - so we can send you our parcels
- Service providers - Postage suppliers and Mailchimp who manage our newsletters on our behalf.
- Essential Service Providers: Sometimes, other businesses give us data about you which we may need for our legitimate interests of conducting business with you and on occasion they are necessary to perform our contract with you. It usually comprises Financial Data or Transaction Data from PayPal or Shopify Payments. They tell us that you have paid for your products and, where relevant and/or necessary they will provide us with your Contact Data and Transaction Data. We also might engage third party contractors to provide us with technical or delivery services that are related to your account with us.
- Group: It is possible we could sell our business to a third party or re-organise our business or become insolvent. In that scenario, our database of customers is one of the biggest parts of that business and so we would need to share it with the third-party buyer and their advisers. This is in the legitimate interests of selling our business.
Links to other sites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You are in control of the data we hold on you
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 - please email email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We generally only send electronic marketing - such as email marketing - to people who have specifically signed up to our newsletter
Where you have not previously bought from us but have registered your details with us (for example by entering a competition or signing up for a newsletter), we will only send you marketing communications if you opted into receiving marketing at the time and so given us your express consent (which you may withdraw at any time – see Opting out below).
How do I opt out?
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into your account and adjusting your marketing preferences, by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
How long do we keep your data?
We only keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected. After that period, your data is deleted or anonymised and for example aggregated with other data to be used for business planning and analysis.
For instance, if you placed an order with us, we keep your details for 7 years and after that it is anonymised.
If we don't see you in-store or online for a period of seven years, we will automatically anonymise your account details.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Claire Ford of Pom Poms and Paint.
We hope this makes you feel at ease but if you do still have any questions please feel free to contact us.